Where is the turn signal flasher?

I have a 1996 GMC Jimmy. 4x4 The turn signals quit working suddenly. All the bulbs work, the 4 ways work. Fuse is good. So it must be the flasher. Problem is I don't know where it is located. I would think it is accessible
but I can't find it. Is it up under the dash?
Would appreciate some direction

Look forward of the ashtray.

You have to take the whole lower dash panel off, the flasher is in the middle below the radio. Stupid freakin place to put it, don't you love engineers !!!!!
To put a device that is safety critical in a hidden spot that requires tools to get at is stupid beyond belief. Mine failed while driving and it was not until I caused road rage from another driver who I turned in front of thinking I had signaled that I saw the indicator lights not working. It was Saturday afternoon, snowing, and there are no mechanics that work on Sat. Ahhhhhhhh!

Its no wonder that GM is in trouble. A person needs to be a contortionist, needs a socket, a torx wrench and small hands to get the old unit out. I feel sorry for someone who can not do it themselves. It would take at least $30 in labour to replace a $3 part.