Where to buy Tahoe 5.3l parts in California?

Hi!
I am from Germany planning a vacation in Southern California and as I am driving a Tahoe I want to buy some parts over there. Should be much cheaper
than here :-)
But: Where should I go? Is there a major resource for auto-parts I could find anywhere around? It's just for stuff like oil filter, wiper, i.e.
Thanks, Christian
There are a number of discount chain parts stores like Kragen and Autozone. Avoid Pep Boys. A little better quality is available at NAPA, a chain of affiliates. Just check the "Yellow Pages," phone book, a business listing by subject. It may not be available in your hotel room but will be available at the front desk. Look for Automotive Parts. Stuff will be easier to pack in your suitcase it you take it out the the packaging that is frequently intended to make it hard to put in your pocket, so it is bulky.
Christian Beckmann wrote:

Hi!

That's what I wanted to hear :-) Thanks! And I think I will check the Internet, might be faster ;-) I only didn't know which chain to try but as you helped me with that it should be easy...
Thanks again, Christian
most of the chains have a program that allows you to enter your postal zip code and they will display the nearby stores, with a link to a map if needed. Just use the zip code for the hotel. Kragen is: www.cskauto.com NAPA is www.napaonline.com
I spent a year at Ludwigsburg and two years at Landstuhl, compliments of US Army, and 4 years in Saudi Arabia so I know about shopping for things like car parts while on vacation.
Christian Beckmann wrote:

Hi!

Found it :-) Thanks!

Army: :-) That's why the call our army Y-Tours (Y is the first letter on their number plates...)
Shopping: Normally I'm only shopping for some "normal" stuff like clothes but this time I'm in need for some car parts. Over here I would have to pay around $60 for a set of wipers and others things are quite similar...
Bye, Christian