Which model trucks had the 700R4?

Well, it turns out it's NOT the transfer case as suspected, it's the transmission. Trans. shop informed me today that the cause of the sound was a chipped tooth on the planetary gears. He's about 95% sure that is the
problem as it only makes the sound while in first and goes away when shifting into second.
Here is my question: Which model trucks have the 700R4 in it? I have a good friend who has a towing business where I can get what I need dirt cheap...but I have to yank it out myself.
Once again, it's a 90 Suburban V1500 4X4.
Thanks for the help!! Don
basically any truck with a 4 speed auto from '81/82 up until '91 have a 700-r4. after '91 there was also the 4L80E ( I think just 8 lug trucks got them in '91 up trucks) and the 700-r4 was supplanted by it's electronic version, the 4L60Efor the '93 model year.
HTH, Bret

was
good