which truck?

Hey all,
I'm in the market for a new truck (well, new to me, anyway) and i'm trying to decide what year. I'm lookin for a reg cab Z71, i've had great service
out of my 90 model, so i'm debating on either an 88-95, with the TBI 350, the 96-98 models with the vortec, or the 99-2000 year models. I plan on keeping the truck very long term, any suggestions on which to look at? btw, the only reason i'm getting another truck is mine has the standard duty brakes and i need something with more braking power as the truck is used moderately and used to tow a boat and/or tractor regularly.
thanks all, TB
Keep your truck and put a big brake kit on it.

btw,