Which year full size Blazer to buy?

I'm thinking of buying a full size blazer. What are the pros and cons of the different model years?

Reply to
TY

Hey

Well, pretty much it's personal preference; 87-up are fuel injected, and most you'll find will be power windows, etc. later the model the better the 700r4 4 speed auto tranny. most all you'll find that are 80's and up are going to be 10 bolt rears with either 28 or 30 spline..neither are great, but not too awful. mid 80's also had a lot of 305 v8s, and if you plan on using your truck, stick with a 350 instead. the 75(?) down are full convertable tops; while the newer ones were only rear convertibles(front seats covered by metal roof). Pretty much the cons are all the same, watch for a crack on the frame near the stearing box, all of them rust fast. other than those two problems (the frame thing only if you're harsh, i've never had it happen to me personally) they are great vehicles that are easy to take care of and will last forever.

Good luck

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

Try to find one with the NP205 transfer case, the drivetrain should always be your highest priority, "early 80's".

-- Mad Dog

Reply to
Mad Dog

I've purchased two in my short 19 years.

I'd look for the hardest thing to find in one - a rust free body. The rest is so easy (and fun - unlike body work) to find that I'd take a rust free rolling chasis over a (stock to mild) running rust bucket. The latter I'd only consider to make the prior whole.

first (Mad Max)
up to 07.jpgmy second (Papa Smurf) ~TLGM/KJ

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey