while we are on the subject of oil leaks....

....forever my oil pressure gauge has varied wildly, very low when idling then up to what is about normal when revs are up. i just dont recall any other
vehicle i have ever had doing this, they all seemed to stay pretty much level at any rev speed.
since its been going on forever and i still have consistent 95% of the original compression on all 6 cylinders on a 208K mile engine i guess its ok?

What the "low" reading when it's idling? And what does it go up to when you hit the gas?
Doc
Normal behavior for an oil pressure gauge. UNLESS it's in a Ford, that is NOT a gauge but a fancy idiot light.
--
Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY