whinning noise after pinion seal replaced

Two things, I have almost 300,000 K's on the rear end, but no noise out of it till they replaced the pinion seal. I am going to have the cover off tomorrow, hopeing it is diff bearings only. It only whins
when I pressure on the gas pedal, take of the gas and no noise. Also the mechanic has put in 2 pinion seals and they both leak after about 3000 K's. Either wrong seal,or has not cleaned the housing or the shaft has a grove in it. Can I buy a spacer that moves the lip of the seal into a different location, or just replace the crown and pinion seal, which I hope not to. Also what are the torque spec's on the pinion nut after replacing the seal.
On 7 Jul 2003 19:58:15 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca (pedro) wrote:

One easy way would be to get another yoke from the boneyard, one with less wear in the seal lip area.
-- Regards Gordie