Why do 350 chevy's miss?

I have my truck and I need some things to go over to check and see why its missing. I need the most obvious first. Its a rebuild and I am getting some
missing.
Also How do you set the air/fuel mix? Should I turn it out turn and a half first then set the idle? How do I set the fast idle cam too.

Is it a 67 or 05? Would help to know what your talking about...
Al

yeah, the year is just a bit important.
now, some more questions:
"some things"... what things? what are you calling "The most obvious" that you need checked first. Why haven't you checked them yourself? I would first off test out your plug wires. Are they properly secured <you'd be surprised at how they'll arc to the chassis if you let them lay near it>. Are they Accel brand? Rip 'em out and replace with MSD or even a decent parts-store brand. Sorry, Accel's wires SUCK.
Can't help you on the carby- I' mstrictly an EFI guy, unless it's a 8th scale race car.....

I forgot what to check. I think I have learn to much and I am forgetting old stuff.
I would first off test out your

I didn't check that. I will though.
Are they Accel

Double silicone I think.

Sell out. Just kidding. I turned the idle up to where it will idle and then I turned the airfuel all the way down and turned them out 3/4 turn and the idle was real high. I turned down the idle somemore. I set the fast idle cam too. I didn't set the throttle to high.
DL-- seems we have the same problems, re: forgetting stuff. Every time I go shopping with the wife or go to the parts store I have to waste 15 minutes wondering what the hell I'm there for....
the info re: the wires <checking to make sure they're not shorting out> is hard-won. I had a problem much like yours a month or two ago-- solution was to replace the wires and take the time right there in the parking lot to dress everything properly into the retainers and zip-tie anything that looked "iffy" to something nonconductive to make it stay where I wanted it. So far, so good...
I'm a EFI guy because I am a geek. I'll admit it. It's nice to be able to plug my laptop into my stock 1227747 GM ECU in my 89 Blazer and watch what it's doing-- GREAT troubleshooting tool!

I checked the wires and now I am not getting it while idling. But when I drive to a light and stop I can feel it.
"D.L. Man" wrote:

Thanks snowman. But what should I look for? Clean and gap the plugs. Clena the distributor cap and rotor if needed. Check the plug wires to see they are routed out of the way from everything. Does that sound about right?