Why do you let things get personal - quit the flame wars already!

Page 2 of 2

Don't flatter yourself. Do you actually believe that I give a damn what you and your ilk think? As I said before GFY. Oh, you are correct, in real life I am a great guy. Now go back to playing with yourself.

No you decided to run your keyboard. Talk about wasting the time of everyone.

Roy you are a legend in your own mind and take every chance you can with a keyboard to try to prove it but most are not buying it. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

No, I and a few others take every chance to point out when you post wrong or dangerous advice or information. As I said before you don't read a thing when you are correct.

I have to disagree. Two very different styles of writing, spelling, punctuation. you'd have to run a who is on him but I'd bet they are two different people.

Yes, these personal attacks really get old! I agree with the above. It does not matter who the individual is..... all the stupid name-calling and related personal commentary helps no-one.
Does not matter if you been here one day or 10 years.... or if you've never posted one msg or you've posted thousands...
Last time I checked none of us were perfect and I believe we all make mistakes along the way.
How about posting your opinion without the personal attack / name calling/ inferring that one is stupid or ill-informed / etc......... ----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

> I don't look at it as I'm offended, more like aggravated with the

Well though out post. The problem arises when someone who doesn't know a thing about repairing a vehicle and is given false or dangerous info.
For instance. One post I remember was about brakes in a small P/U. The Owner wanted to know if it was safe to block off the rear brakes and drive it daily that way since it was "too expensive" to repair it.
Some of the answers posted said that NO it was a very dangerous thing to do and could get the person killed or worse they might kill someone else. The suggestions were to get it repaired before using it.
However a couple of the answers were about how to crimp off the line using a set of vice grips or a hammer and driving it daily that way. When this was questioned the poster backed it up by saying that he had done it a few times and it never caused a problem. That the people saying it wasn't OK were wrong. That they didn't agree with him just because... They were loons, they didn't have his experience, they just don't know.
Now using the above posts/answers. Would you say it was a flame to question the poster who advocated crimping off the lines and just driving it that way? Maybe it was a flame to ask about why he had done so?
What would YOU have said?
Personally if the advice given is OK and may work without killing or endangering others, No problem. Regardless of who is posting the info. I have been wrong a few times myself. If some one shows me where I'm wrong GREAT, that means I learn more. For instance I agree completely with Snomans opinion on K&N filters being a LOT of hype and that they do cause problems in some applications. I have seen it first hand on more than one occasion and would not use them on an engine I wanted to last.
I disagree with him on his statement that a 400CID crankshaft is a drop in item on a 350 block, There being a .200th of an inch difference in size on the main journals. Is this my opinion. NOPE. Grab a book and look up the specs from GM, or measure a few hundred crankshafts. His reply

Also has a factual problem due to the fact that GM, NEVER made a 400 crankshaft in the smaller diameter. Is it a flame to correct this error? I don't believe it is.
What I consider to be a flame is this reply from Snoman

--
Steve W.

Big snip>>>

If I may, for everyone's info jump down to the tread entitled "Cat Replacement" dated 1/31/07 to see how thing's arrived at where they are today.
Nobody is saying "do not post good info", or "do not correct someone" - Hell, if you have BETTER info, by all means, let the world know about it in your posts! If you think the person is posting something wrong, post alternate information - nobody here is going to have a problem with that, in fact they would probably appreciate it.
But posting just to call someone an idiot ... not very productive, nobody finds it funny, and like I said you are wasting people's time. Roy, how many times have you chimed in just to call someone an idiot? You'd earn more respect if you just posted a well thought out post with good information.
For example, here are contrasting way to post a reply:
A post that would command respect and gratitude from other members, and build credibility - "I don't agree, in fact that may not be safe. Instead, you should <insert good information here>"
A post that shows people you disagree, but you want to be rude without restraint - "You're a total idiot. Stop posting wrong information, and GFYSM"
For some reason, Roy is intent on defending the need to call people down in this public forum. I honestly wonder what kind of guy he is in person - is he this rude to people on a regular basis? If so, he is likely leading a very lonely, solemn life, often wondering why people don't respond very well to him. Perhaps he really is a nice guy in person, with proper manners and a genuine likable character, but when he gets on the internet where he 'feels' anonymous, his true colors start to show and he gets some kind of kick by calling people down. Roy, please tell us - why is it that you cannot just post information here in an adult manner, without name calling and making fun of others that are posting? Indulge us. Why don't you have the same basic abilities of manners and restraint that the rest of us have?
Sorry everyone, I know I should not feed the trolls, This will be my last attempt at reason, and I already know the outcome - Roy is going to call me names or something just as childish.

Just curious SuperDave, do you always strive to be this politically correct???
Denny

He just thinks of himself as a super wordsmith. Takes him forever to get a thought out.

When dealing with sno you quickly learn that being nice and polite does not work at all. What has worked in other groups is harsh, very critical comment's.

You seem to have this hang up on wating peoples time. Look at the length of the sermons you have posted. Numerous paragraphs to say that you don't like my post's directed at sno. .

As often as sno post's wrong or dangerous info.
Which brings to mind a question. Do you have the ability to pick up on sno's bs? Or are you content to sit by and let the mis info be used by a person who dosen't know any better?

Earning respect as I told you before is not my goal.

No, not in the least, there is no need to defend.

I'm the same here as I am anywhere else. I'm a wonderful person who has absolutly no patience with those who constantly continue to post wrong info or info that can injury a person. Let me add that I've no use for those that condone those actions.

No need to, you have the message. But I'm going to miss your verbose post's that say next to nothing.
In article

You'd have valid points -if- Snoman weren't such a hypocrite.
Even by casual observation, it is not hard to see instances where he advocates one thing and then in practice does the exact opposite. i.e., 1) He rails against diesel engines citing that they produce unfair amounts of NOx yet he admits to setting the ignition timing on his own truck(s) 10-12 degrees advanced above what is listed on his VECI label. (a violation of federal law) 2) He claims that people shouldn't second guess the engineers that designed these vehicles and do or use anything alternate yet he admits to using illegal hydrocarbon refrigerants in the AC systems on his truck(s). (a violation of federal law) 3) He'll call someone who has tens of thousands of hours performing service and repair as a professional a "shade tree" yet freely and openly admits to making amateurish modifications to a component in order to facilitate a shortcut in a set-up and assembly procedure. (violates that which you are advocating here)
This is just three examples, see if you can find others. (you will if you know what you're looking at)
The guy is a self absorbed under achieving crackpot, and he abhors the fact that there are professionals here who will call him on it.
SuperDave wrote:

That's very nice, and usually that's how a person is dealt with..."early on". After a while, the accumulated amount of bullshit from someone like Sno gets to be a bit too much.
What you are seeing is the absolute disdain some of us have for his type of "advice". He does have some good info, I would certainly never argue with his expertise in areas like snow plows....and if I ever wanted to use one, buy one, mount one on a truck...I wouldn't hesitate to ask him some questions.
But in many mechanical areas, he's simply way behind the times, living in the 70's, or in "shade tree" land.

Roy, It seems like ole Snojob is suffering from the same thing that Budd has. CHUAS!