wife in need of help!!!

I need a lightbar and lights for my husbands christmas present i need one that will fit a full size 1990 blazer. any ideas were i can find a sale!!!

Reply to
blazerchic

Shades

You can also try:

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Try Galls for Emergency Equ. light bars

Reply to
Digit

I don't think she meant that kind of lightbar. If she did, I am sure she would not have posted in here, but rather one of the public safety forums.

Dave

Reply to
dcbryan

LOL im not sure what that meant but i meant the ones that are preferibly used for offroading! but thanks for all the info now i have a nother question!!! can you use regular sockets with an air wrench? and what goes with an air wrench to make it work.

Reply to
blazerchic

Are you talking Air ratchet or Air Impact Wrench? If it's a ratchet, standard sockets will do. If it's an impact wrench get impact sockets as regular sockets have a tendency to disintegrate under that level of torque.

He will of course need an air compressor and hoses/fitting to go along with that wrench!

Not to sound like a chauvinist dog, but I prefer it when my wife gets me gift certificates to Sears, Lowes, etc. so I can pick my own tools. Not that her putting effort into picking some out for me wasn't great, but it was never EXACTLY what I wanted, he he he.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

well i knew it was an impact wrench sorry! but wives (like myself love to shop wether its for ourselves or for something were not so sure on)!!! lol and do you know what the lights that go up on a gutter fitted lightbar are called?(fog lights?) im trying to find a good deal on ebay with out paying $150 on 2 lights. thanx

Reply to
blazerchic

Fog lights have a wide patern and have a tendancy to light up the hood more than the road. Driving lights, spot lights, or dedicated off-road lights. Basically the less flutes on the lens the farther it throws the light. Look at the difference between hig and low beam standard glass headlights. Find lights like the high beam, and he SHOULD be happy! If not, buy yourself a teddy and put a bow in your hair...LOL

Reply to
Shades

really? that must be why I'm building up my arm with the 19 volt 1/2" drill she got me for my b-day when I was going to get a nice, light little

14v 3/8.. sucker weighs a ton and has 410 inch # of torque.. perfect for woodwork, right? anyone need post holes bored? lol
Reply to
mac davis

that's why all my cordess stuff is 14.4V DeWalt... my XRP drill has

450in-lbs of torque and weighs like 3 lbs less than the 18V one. my newest toy is my 14.4V impact driver... 97ft-lbs of torque, and about 1/2 the size of my drill and weighs like 6lbs less than my 18V Milwaukee impact wrench. it's perfect for what I need it for, tightening several thousand ASTM 307A 1/2" bolts (think grade 2) per building that I put up w/o the worries of my crew overtightening the bolts (they only require 30-50 ft lbs) w/ the milwaukees.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Remember:

It's the thought that counts Unless she's telling you: "She wishes you were that powerful in the zipper"?

Refinish King

PS My ex wife would have meant the zipper area!

Reply to
Refinish King

hey there is a sale at walmart so can some one tell me if its worth $260 ok in this kit it includes; an8 gallon oil-lube air compressor,1/2inch impact wrench,i think it said pheumatic spray/cleaner guns, 2-in-1 nailer stapler, 99piece tool kit saftey kit 25piece accessory kit and a repair kit.now is 260 a good deal for all that. ar could i find the neccessities some where else cheaper. cause i HAVE to have money left over to shop for myself!!

Reply to
blazerchic

Bret.. this monster is a 19.2 craftsman.. dunno who makes it.. it seems like a real nice tool, but big time overkill for what I wanted to do, which was replace my 3/8 corded drill on the workbench to get rid of one more cord.. this thing is probably 3 times the weight of my corded and HUGE... It would be nice if I was using it for a living, but it's for light woodworking.. lol

Reply to
mac davis

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:38:54 GMT, "Refinish King" wrote: Actually, she thought the one on my wish list was there for the price, not the weight or power... she thought that I was going cheap and wanted to make sure it would "do the job".. Feels really weird, driving a 1" finishing screw with this huge drill..

Reply to
mac davis

It might be cheaper to go to a Harbor Freight, but their tools are about the same quality as the wallyworld set.. I've seen that kit and it would be nice as a first compressor for a hobbyist, but it's a very basic compressor and the tools are pretty low quality.. I guess the bottom line would be that if it's for occasional, light use, and he might use the tools included, it will work..

If he does wood type work, especially... if he does more car-type work, you could get him something like this:

with this:
and a few accessories, such as hose, quick disconnect kit, etc... all available at HF with free shipping..

Reply to
mac davis

I've seen those... rediculously huge.. iirc, they had a 24V that put out something like 600 in/lbs. my brother had a 14.4v one, it crapped out and he's killed a Delta one as well in the same amount of time I've had the DeWalt. now he's finally looking at one like mine.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Make sure that:

The hose inner diameter is no smaller than 3/8's inch!

Otherwise the tool will take off then starve for volume.

Refinish King

P You Guys should hear a 19 and 21 CFM industrial oiled compressors clanking all day!

Reply to
Refinish King

LOL You da MAN!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

the guy across the street from me has this slick 2 cylinder rig that's too quiet to be true... he said that he paid over $1,000 for it..

I've been thinking of killing him for it.. *eg*

Reply to
mac davis