Will GM follow suit?

Page 1 of 2
http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/13/pf/autos/monster_truck/index.htm?cnn=yes New Navistar pickup towers over offerings from Hummer, Ford - Sep. 13, 2004

why would they? H2 is arguably the biggest POS on the road today. not much more than a suburban on steroids (weak ones at that). H1 was a solid unit but when they started marketing it to soccer moms and wannabe weekend warriors they screwed it all up.
all you H2 lovers will hate this. H1 lovers will say, "see, i told you so."
http://redhummer.com/h1_vs_h2_video.htm
http://redhummer.com

Doesn't Ford build an F750 that is similar to that except I don't think it had a pu-truck bed just a fifth-wheel.
Texas Legend, I won't argue with you at all about the H2 being a glorified Suburban. I worked on the exhaust system and it is identical to the Suburban except for the Tail-Pipe including the axle clearance and spacing. But I sure do love their comercials. They must have a massive advertising budget. The kid with the Hummer Go-cart and the new transformer one. They are just great.
Corey

i agree, their marketing department is cream. when your trying to sell poo-poo you have to have creative minds and big pockets.

funny, Navistar is just taking money from themselves in a way, since they provide Ford with the PowerStroke Diesel engine (and working as a lube tech/mechanic myself, if you look on the valve covers of a Ford F250/350 with the PowerStroke diesel, it says right on it International Navistar....but in the places I worked, you cant get a new CXT in there LOL) I, as a Chevy and somewhat of a Dodge truck person, amd very glad to see Ford loosing something on the Commercial end of things :)
GO INTERNATIONAL!!! LOL
Jason
Jason Sobol wrote:

Ford owns International, so they are not losing anything.
I thought it was just a partnership
so The Fraud Motor Co. wins anyway :(
that blows
Since when does Ford Motor own International/Navistar?!?

they don't... just like they don't own Cummins (another popular rumor).
-Bret
Really? And does Dodge own Cummins, because they use their engines. This is the situation with ford.
GMC Gremlin

nope, Cummins owns Cummins, they just have a supply contract w/ DiamlerChrysler for Dodge trucks. According to Cummins' website they are actively seeking out new contracts... even ones that directly compete w/ Dodge.
Ford has the same setup w/ Navistar... it's just a supply contract for their DT433 (7.3 Powerstroke) and their VT365 (6.0l Power stroke) engines. Ford has used International/Navistar for diesel engines for more than 20 years now (starting with the 6.9l IDI diesel, then the 7.3 IDI before the powerstroke).
-Bret

Ford owns Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover and Aston Martin, along with their ford and lincoln and Mercury line up.

Oh one more thing. International owns Navistart engines. So if you think about it, Ford Superdutys that have a powerstroke are using an International Engine.
www.navistar.com

spelling error on my part. I ment "Navistar"

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:33:16 GMT, "Kiel Uyttenhove"

and your point is what? did you miss what I typed before?
-Bret

Obviously you didnt know cause you had to ask everyone smartass. I was just making it clear.

Nevermind, wrong person, yes I did see it, but I obviously forgot.

ok bret. Thanks for agreeing with me. I guess I should have been uber clear and said:
Neither dodge nor ford make the diesel engines they use.
I *was* under the impression that chevy made their diesels, but it sounds like they use Isuzu diesels?
GMC Gremlin

GM owns Isuzu. They have for a LONG time. The LUV truck was an Isuzu. Out of the big three they are the only ones who use an engine they own. BUT I have heard that Chrysler is thinking about using a mercedes engine in 2007 Rams. The Sprinter engine looks like the closest to what they need. But who knows.
--
Steve

"GMC Gremlin" < snipped-for-privacy@becomes.me> wrote in message

the most GM owned of Isuzu was 50%... they divested to a holding of 10% last summer or so. GM and Isuzu are 50% owners of DMAX, Ltd, which design and build the 6.6l V8 and 7.8l I6 Duramax engines in Morraine, OH. -Bret