Will GM follow suit?

and your point is what? did you miss what I typed before?

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Obviously you didnt know cause you had to ask everyone smartass. I was just making it clear.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

Nevermind, wrong person, yes I did see it, but I obviously forgot.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

Neither dodge nor ford make the diesel engines they use.

I *was* under the impression that chevy made their diesels, but it sounds like they use Isuzu diesels?

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

GM owns Isuzu. They have for a LONG time. The LUV truck was an Isuzu. Out of the big three they are the only ones who use an engine they own. BUT I have heard that Chrysler is thinking about using a mercedes engine in 2007 Rams. The Sprinter engine looks like the closest to what they need. But who knows.

Reply to
Steve W.

the most GM owned of Isuzu was 50%... they divested to a holding of

10% last summer or so. GM and Isuzu are 50% owners of DMAX, Ltd, which design and build the 6.6l V8 and 7.8l I6 Duramax engines in Morraine, OH.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

they're actually manufactured by a joint venture called DMAX, Ltd which have GM and Isuzu as equal owners. so to say they're a GM diesel is both right and wrong. the relationship is very similar to what GM and DaimlerChrysler have in New Venture Gear.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

My parents had a 1976 LUV truck, pop the hood and it says "Isuzu" on the valve cover. Is was a tough little truck. They took it in to get it smogged and the tech said "that is the the OEM engine! I cant smog this truck, it has an illegal engine in it." funny, the same (completely stock OEM Isuzu enigne) had passed smog every two years for that past 20 years before that point.

The Cummins is a great engine, what would prompt them to change? they ahve a HUGE Ram/Cummins following. Does the Merc Diesel have comprable output? If they put the Merc Diesel in the Dak then I would get one, the Diesel would at least make up for the new ugly design they have inflicted on the Dak.

Reply to
Trey