Winch Wiring

I notice the power and ground quick connect kits sold by Warn and others for the 8 to 10 thousand pound winches are rated at 175 AMP and sized for #2 gauge power cable. I figure the connects are rated for continuous duty @175
but are these components,both the connectors and cable, really heavy enough for real world winching? Thanks user cheebster provider direcwaydotcom