Wind Noise

i bought a 2005 suburban in March, 2005. amongst other things, one of the most annoying issues with this vehicle is the overall wind noise and buffeting that occurrs at speads of 65 to 75 mph. it is extremely annoying. it has been in the shop many times since we've owned it and the service department says it is typical of a suburban.

i have installed a bug shield to try to change the aerodynamics and i've also adjusted the roof rack to try to make a difference. nothing has helped to this point.

it is a 2005, LT.

does anyone else have this problem? does anyone have a solution?

thanks.

Reply to
swimdad

We have a 2004 Yukon and I agree with the problem. When traveling, it is difficult to hear on a cell phone with everything else turned off. On the other hand, with the radio playing, I don't notice it too much.

Sorry, no solution.

Karl

Reply to
Silverado

same with my 1999 tahoe. i keep it under 65 and no problem. old john

Reply to
<ajeeperman

Yea, I also have that problem with my 03 silverado, so yea chevy hasgone down the drain in quality these days, buy a ford or dodge

swimdad wrote:

Reply to
jmex

Yea, I also have that problem with my 03 silverado, so yea chevy has gone down the drain in quality these days, buy a ford or dodge

swimdad wrote:

Reply to
jmex

Yea, I also have that problem with my 03 silverado, so yea chevy has gone down the drain in quality these days, buy a ford or dodge

swimdad wrote:

Reply to
jmex

You worded it WRONG ..

Wind Noise is A GM trademark !

Reply to
no one

Previous boos of mine had a Lexus that we had to shout at each other in because there was so much wind noise, seems to be a common issue. I'd rather have chevy with wind noise than expensive Lexus wind noise :)

Reply to
Eugene Nine

I have an '03 z71 tahoe and i don't have much wind noise. between 65 and 80, i can talk on the cellphone no prob.

Reply to
homer