windhield washer

Sooooooo, I have a 99 Silverado and the windshield washer has a crack in the pump motor. It still worked but didn't generate enough pressure at the
windshield wipers. Have any of you looked at this engineering marvel? Disconnect the battery, remove the battery tray, and work the couple of holding bolts from the top and the bottom, to get it out. I was amazed at how much effort it took for such a simple job. I called the dealer and asked how much they charge to change the windshield washer pump. $211.00! How much is the pump? $60 retail and 40 something wholesale. Autozone is 17 bucks and Rock Auto is 12. GM needs to go broke! Markup is one thing but this is robbery. I wish the IRS would change the definition of what a "loss" really is. They claim to have lost billions but they'll write it off and the IRS will let them do it.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ