Windshield swap

I have a 83 chevy 3/4 ton with a cracked windshield. Any tips on changing it out? It "looks" like the skinny rubber piece in the middle of the seal on the outside pulls out. Once that is out, is it just a
matter ofpushing the old window out and plopping the new one in? Sounds simple if so, but I know how things go in real life! Any words of wisdom for me? Thanks, Earl
Thats about right,but you'll need a rubber lube ,such as "ruglide",to put the new one in.Also a "sucker stick" to coax it into the groove of the rubber gasket.A tongue depressor will do,or a thin piece of of plastic.Soapy water may also be used in lieu of rubber lube.Good luck! Ed