windshield wiper arm to motor connection, 95 tahoe

Ok folks,
Anyone have their drivers side wiper arm stop working? Plop, and hanging over the side view mirror? Seems to be a poor fail safe design. The driver side wiper connects to
the motor with some copper brackets. problem is the DS wiper is on the end of the shaft. Thus the first to fall off. The brackets that wore out are copper, seems like a straight forward fix.
Anything else I should replace while I'm in there?