Winter Tires and Rim Sizes

This may sound stupid but I have a 2005 1500 4x4 with steel 17" Rims and would like to know if I could put 16" rims and tires on it for the
winter. If so will the truck respond in snow or at high speeds differently. I have a complete set of 16" snow tires and Rims off my dads old 2002 GMC. Thanks

They will bolt right on! I use some old 16.5 rims with studded snow tires on my plow trucks in winter time and regular 16" rims the rest of the time. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com