Wiper motor 1987 Chevy s10 question

During the last blizzard out here in Massachusetts my wipers were iced to the winshield.
When I realized the wipers were still on a bit later, I unfroze them from the winshield only to find they did not work.
I checked the fuse, it semmed ok,..
Next I bought a used wiper motor which had the plug connection at the end of the wiper motor rather than being in the middle of the wiper motor.
So ,...to make a long story short afterinstalling it still does not work.
I am taking out the wiper motor Friday night and bringing it back to the Used Auto Parts Saturday along with the original wiper motor.
Anything I should maybe be aware of here, I know to most this is a simple operation but I am a beginner when it comes to mechanics.
Even though it did not work I was glad to have completed.
Thanks
kevin
--
http://www.soundclick.com/kevinduggan

http://www.kevsblues.com
Do you HAVE DELAY on your wipers..
if so you may have burnt out that module..
NEVER Run your DEFROSTER on HOT During Snow weather .. This melts the snow on the windshield and makes WATER that Freezes.
Keep your windshiels as cool as possible and the Snow will not stick to the windshield, it Blows right off while you are in Motion..
Took me 5 years to Teach my wife this. She always said the blades are Bad. untill I drove and she saw NO ICE on the blades.
Heck you got a coat on and The inside temp of the car Doesnot need to be 80 degrees or Even 50 or 60.
Kevin Duggan wrote:

Santa Thanks;
Those are good ideas,
everything was fine yesterday till the truck on the highway kicked some slush up.
I have two speed wipers
Thanks
Kevin

--
http://www.soundclick.com/kevinduggan

http://www.kevsblues.com
thanks for that tip santa i didnt know that
Charles H. wrote:

Try it... It works
Keep the Heat off The Windshield..
My Father taught me this Trick in the 1960's
No ice on wiper blades