Wiring to pass through firewall

Installing a pair of PIAA driving lights on my 1996 Tahoe. Need to pass a wire through the firewall. Just where do I do it? Please advise. Thanks

Reply to
Robin Rosenberg

Elbert Clarke

Easiest way is to take a coat hanger, punch it through the rubber boot on the driver's side of the firewall from the engine compartment where the wiring harness goes through. Use the coat hanger to pull the wire back through into the engine compartment.

HMc

Reply to
Howard McCollister

Don't drill a hole if you can avoid it. See other suggestions about using an existing grommet.

Reply to
High Sierra

For a small wire like that, try going through an existing grommet. Otherwise there's a perfect spot to drill through on the drivers side. I had to pass a 1/0 AWG through which is a tad larger than will fit through an existing grommet. My local autoparts store had 3/4" grommets that fit the hole and cable perfectly.

Brandonb

Rob> Installing a pair of PIAA driving lights on my 1996 Tahoe. Need to pass a

Reply to
Brandon Buckner