Wiring to pass through firewall

Installing a pair of PIAA driving lights on my 1996 Tahoe. Need to pass a wire through the firewall. Just where do I do it? Please advise. Thanks

look around on the drivers side of the firewall. You should be able to find where other wire harness and cables pass through the fire wall. Or just drrill a small hole after making sure both sides of the firewall are clear and you have easy access to both..
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:21:24 -0500, "Robin Rosenberg"

--
Elbert Clarke
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net
: Installing a pair of PIAA driving lights on my 1996 Tahoe. Need to pass a : wire through the firewall. Just where do I do it? Please advise. Thanks : :
Im Right wrote:

using an existing grommet.
--
Please reply to NG only

Easiest way is to take a coat hanger, punch it through the rubber boot on the driver's side of the firewall from the engine compartment where the wiring harness goes through. Use the coat hanger to pull the wire back through into the engine compartment.
HMc
For a small wire like that, try going through an existing grommet. Otherwise there's a perfect spot to drill through on the drivers side. I had to pass a 1/0 AWG through which is a tad larger than will fit through an existing grommet. My local autoparts store had 3/4" grommets that fit the hole and cable perfectly.
Brandonb