WMS

Does anyone know what the hub to hub width difference is(or if there is any) from a full size Chevy Van rear-end compared to a full size Chevy Truck
rear-end? I know there is a substantial difference in spring perch mounting width.
I only have 3.08's in my van. I have a rear-end with 3.73's out of a Pick-Up. I don't have a place right now to pull the wheels off the Van to compare the measurements, so I figured I would open it up to the NG.
Last I looked I believe the flange to flange was 3/4" different, BUT the spring perches are way off.
--
Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York

Depends on the truck axle. On the 95 2500 I have the van axle is about 3" wider than a standard truck axle. The perches are 5.5" different. Also depends on what axle you have. My 2500 has the semi floating axle with 5 lugs.
OOPS I see the issue TYPO 3/4" should have been 3-4" Sorry about that.
Anyway they were different enough that the backspacing of the wheels caused problems.
--
Steve Williams

"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message
If I recall, it's like 63" for a standard truck rear end, like 67" for a van, and 70" for a dually.
~jp
Try this:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/14b_bible/index.html
It's specific to 14 bolts, but should get you in the ballpark. Scroll about 2/3 of the way down to find the chart.
~jp