WMS

Does anyone know what the hub to hub width difference is(or if there is any) from a full size Chevy Van rear-end compared to a full size Chevy Truck rear-end? I know there is a substantial difference in spring perch mounting width.

I only have 3.08's in my van. I have a rear-end with 3.73's out of a Pick-Up. I don't have a place right now to pull the wheels off the Van to compare the measurements, so I figured I would open it up to the NG.

Reply to
Shades

Last I looked I believe the flange to flange was 3/4" different, BUT the spring perches are way off.

Reply to
Steve W.

Well I know that there is ALLOT more than 3/4 of an inch from hub to hub! More in the 65-70" area. The perches are like 6" off and I am not concerned with them because I would weld new ones on.

Reply to
Shades

If I recall, it's like 63" for a standard truck rear end, like 67" for a van, and 70" for a dually.

~jp

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

Try this:

It's specific to 14 bolts, but should get you in the ballpark. Scroll about 2/3 of the way down to find the chart.

~jp

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

Depends on the truck axle. On the 95 2500 I have the van axle is about 3" wider than a standard truck axle. The perches are 5.5" different. Also depends on what axle you have. My 2500 has the semi floating axle with 5 lugs.

OOPS I see the issue TYPO 3/4" should have been 3-4" Sorry about that.

Anyway they were different enough that the backspacing of the wheels caused problems.

Reply to
Steve W.