Won`t Start

About 6 weeks ago I received an '89 regular cab pick-up 2x4 5.7. My Dad gave it to me. The truck only has 70,000 mies,but the body is shot. 2 day`s ago it wouldn`t start. Cranks over fast,but doesn`t even try to
fire.It is getting gas,but before I check the pressure,I`d like to know what it should be while cranking. It has spark,and I have also replaced the fuel filter. Should I check the compression? The plugs look good.Not wet from gas or oil. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Bill

plugs are not wet, you are not getting gas.
My mistake. The plugs are wet. What`s the next step?
timing Chain
Bill wrote:

Im having the same problem, but can get it started if I use a screwdriver and jump between coil wire and distributor cap, then runs fine, but turn it off and leave for an hour and wont start again,,, any help

I put a new timming chain on,along with a tune up. Plugs,wires,fuel filter,cap,rotor. It runs like a dream. I wish the body was good.
my 89 chevy had similar problem. the ignition control module located in the distributor was bad. had it checked out at local napa store, they had equipment to run check. $ 34.00 let me know how you did. good luck

Yea... got bit by that bug once myself. I keep an extra one in the truck now. It was a cold walk the last time.
HDS