worn door pins

I have a 1989 chevrolet k1500 pickup truck. The door pins are very worn on the driver's side door (in fact, one of the pins has sheared off completely). This is making it very difficult to close the door
without having to slam the door very hard. I want to replace these pins but im not really sure how you go about changing them. Does the door have to come off in order to do it?? Some info on how to do this would be very much appreciated.
thanks
Thirdeye,
Although the following link only addresses 1999 and up GM "C/K" Series Trucks and SUVs, you might find their video "sales pitch" interesting. It also seems like this product is aimed toward professional repair shops and not the typical shade tree mechanic.
I have no affiliation with them and so on. I just happened to stumble upon their website while trying to find a hinge repair for one of my other vehicles.
http://www.totalauto.com/page/o_e_h_k_general_overview
I'm sure that others here in the group will be able to offer some better suggestions.
Peter.

I was really impressed by the video on the website. I think I would buy the hinge pin kit they sell. Steve
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 04:42:50 -0700 (PDT), thirdeye

I didn't want to horse the door around myself, so I just took it to a local body shop. They replaced the pins and made things right for about $75.