Wrong group but

Got a 87 Cutlas wagon with a olds 307. Broke a main cap bolt. Today the dealer said it was unavailable. What? Checked with ARP, they said they have bolts for the 350 olds but not 307. Whats the diffrence. Not in any way a olds expert but I thought the 307 and 350 were the same block. Guess I am wrong, or not? Where can I get them if they are not the same?

Reply to
David & Robin Johnson

I don't know either, but I'd go in with the other good 307 cap bolt and compare it to the available 350 bolt. If it measures identical in terms of thread, pitch, length and whatever I can't see how it would matter....If it is different there's no shortage of wrecker 307 olds engine parts out there.

Reply to
Augustus