yet another rear end interchange question

I have a line on a rear end from a 1991 S10 Blazer - 4.3 V6, 4WD, 3:42 posi, auto, drum brakes. Will it swap into my 1995 S10 Blazer - 4.3 V6, 4WD, auto, 3:42 open,
drum brakes? I've looked at both and it looks like they are the same. I don't plan on swapping the springs, shocks, or anything but the rear ends - I'll even detach the brake backing plates and let them hang from wires while I slide the rear end in. Will it work? I need to get this truck on the road soon. Thanks, AB
Quick answer here may be a salvage yard, the Hollander interchange books have all that info.

-
Should bolt in. With the brakes I would clean up the new axle and put new shoes in.

-
"comicscardsandmore" wrote:

I see no real problem with the swap. Sounds like you have a plan to me.

Well, I just finished the swap. I swapped a 91 rear end into the 95 and the 1995 rear end into the 1991 (don't ask why) . The 91's & 95's rear end assemblies are not exactly alike. The backing plates are mounted differently, forcing me to use the same backing plates as the vehicle the rear end was from. The shock mounting plates are slightly different, but I kept the plates with their respective vehciles and everything bolted up fine. The threads on the brake lines are the same, so all I had to do was disconnect the lines from the backing plates, then hook them up to the new ones, bleed them and go. The brake parts are the same (except for the wheel cylinders), so I picked and chose the best from all available and mixed and matched. Thanks for all the input.