Yet another Synthetic olil post (don't kill me, please.)

I'm purchasing my new vehicle (a 2004 Chevy Colorado with the 3.5 I-5) and I'm planning on using synthetic oil in it.

So here are a few questions...

  1. Any recomendation on what weight and brand of syn oil? (I live in Eastern Tennessee. "mild climate.")

  1. Any particular type or brand of filter for use with syn oils?

  2. Any stats on how much it would improve engine life and/or gas mileage?

I've googled this topic, and searched the already posted syn oil posts in this forum. Couldn't find an answer to my question.

Thanks in advance! Big Ad

Reply to
Adam D. Vanover

Mobil-1 Oil and Filters. 10w30 or 5w30, not a whole lot of difference when we are talking synthetics. Improvement on engine life, but too many variables to put a number on it. Gas milage improvement varies from vehicle to vehicle and driving conditions, but to get the full effect you need to switch all the fluids to synthetics.

Big Chris

Adam D. Vanover wrote:

Reply to
Big Chris

Reply to
jdoe

Just fyi here are some other good forums that can be interesting:

?s=8f7c25400b6f3fda17f0ee21b529e1bd&showforum=2

Reply to
Markeau