Yoke wore!

I thought it was my universal so I changed them but my rear yoke is slightly wore and causes the truck to clunk. Is there an easy and inexpensive way to
fix?
Dthenewf

Yank the shaft, slap some Mobil 1 grease INSIDE the yoke (get it as far down as you can reach, be liberal with it), then reassemble. Should shut her up for 6 months or so.
Doc

Great idea DOC thanks.....

It ain't my idea, learned it from the Transurgeon. But, you're very welcome.
Doc

actually, it was Ian who suggested it...........
TS
Great idea DOC thanks.....<BR><BR>It ain't my idea, learned it from the Transurgeon.&nbsp; But, you're very<BR>welcome.<BR><BR>Doc<BR><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
actually, it was Ian who suggested it...........
TS
Was Ian on here that long ago? It musta been 2+ years ago...................
Where is he now? Do he post anymore?
Dthenewf

Ian is "Shiden_kai" and posts here occasionally. He's a regular over on rec.autos.tech.
Doc

Ive had my 98 tahoe since new, just turned 80k, needed some maintence so I bit and bought the dealer grease(crazy expensive) and the blue fluid for the tcase. Its been over 6 months and 6k miles and I havent heard a sound. I didnt use much grease at all. Probably less than a teaspoon in all. Dont know if it was the grease(no other grease lasted this long) or the blue fluid. No more clunks though. We'll see how long it lasts. Next is tranny fluid.
Tony please reply to email snipped-for-privacy@aol.com