yukon taking longer to start

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

cranking. The

$899. But

gladly
Do they have to NOT be hateful? Thats good money for a 10 minute job ain't it?
Hatt

read
Top post...... A little schooling for ya.....Why could it be my fuel pressure regulator? Well thats a good question. Your fuel pressure regulator does what? RIGHT regulates your fuel pressure. Even though it might have enough to stay started it might not have enough pressure to start at first.....But when i turn on my key for a couple of seconds and then try to start it its starts right up....Sure because because when your key is on (and the car is not running) it allows your regulator to build up the pressure it needs to start the car.....Labor rates vary from place to place but to me sounds like your getting a good deal. Steve C
Re: yukon taking longer to start Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Thu, Oct 16, 2003, 10:48pm From: snipped-for-privacy@lycosSPAM.com (DJHatt)
wrote: it doesn't start instantly anymore, takes a second or two of cranking. The dealer offered a 90000 mile service which he called a tuneup for $899. But said it was probably my fuel filter causing the prob which he would gladly change for $180 or so...any thoughts? Do they have to NOT be hateful? Thats good money for a 10 minute job ain't it? Hatt I have a 1999 silverado with a similar problem, in some posting I read where it may be the fuel pressure regulator, an easy at home fix. see: Hard starting sierra could be an end to your problem.