'01 TL Noisy Valve(s)

I have what sounds like a single valve making noise when I start the car. The noise goes away when the engine warms up. Should I be concerned?

--
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman

Most likely piston slap, which is inevitable and extremely common. My 319,000 mile Integra has had piston slap since 90,000 miles.
1) Get the valve adjustment checked. 2) If the valves are OK, leave it alone, but keep an ear out for any changes. Chances are excellent that the engine will die WITH it rather than die OF it.
Oh, and change your oil every 5K or less. New OEM filter each time.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:39:48 -0400, Venture Rider said:

re: Tegger's answer. My newsfeed seems to miss some messages. I did see your reply through Google News suggesting piston slap.
You suggest changing the oil at 5,000k. Did you mean miles? I switched to Amsoil in my TL, and I was planning on changing it once a year, which is about 10-12k kilometers for me.
--
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman

Yes. That's about 8,000 kilometers.
However, I notice from your Owner's Manual that even that figure is incorrect. Your manual says to change it every 4,000 miles (6,000 km) or every six months, whichever comes first.

Synthetics are good, but not THAT good. Follow your maintenance schedule as outlined in your Owner's Manual.
Once a year is far too infrequent. Remember that there is also a TIME aspect to oil changes, not just a mileage one.
Do you want to risk a $5,000 engine for the sake of an extra $30 or so oil change?