'01 TL Transmission Slipping

Lately, on two occasions, my transmission seemed to have slipped into neutral while in D5. I was giving it some throttle, and the engine would just rev up. I've also noticed some less than smooth shifting, and slow shifting.

I will be taking it in. Fortunately, I have a letter from Honda Canada saying that the warranty on the transmission has been extended to 93 months/175,000km. Maybe I'll be getting a new one.

Reply to
Venture Rider

I would say. Enjoy your new transmission.

Reply to
Mike Drechsler - SPAM PROTECTE

Followup: The Acura tech took the car out for a test drive and it only took him 2 minutes to confirm that the transmission need replacing. It will be a rebuilt transmission, and they replace the PCM with a brand new one. He assures me that the rebuilts have the problem fixed and that I should be fine after that.

Reply to
Venture Rider

At least Honda/Acura seems to be stepping up the plate on these problems even though they are after the original warranty expired. When GM, Ford and Chrysler have gone through periods of less than great transmission reliability they almost always dumped the cost on the customer.

Reply to
John Horner