06 MDX outside air temp???

I have an '06 MDX Touring. The outside air temp display today read 78 degrees at the highest point. The problem is it was about 100 degrees outside today and the car was out all day!
I know I can bring the car to Acura but who has the time for that?
Where is the sensor and is there anything I can do? Also- Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
John.
John wrote:

Honda/Acura has crappy logic in the external temp system. It only allows the reading to change one degree per minute and that only when the car is in motion at more than 20 mph. Thus on a hot day in city traffic it may never get to a correct reading. We had this problem with our '03 Accord from new and the answer has always been that this is a feature to prevent inaccurate readings.
Perhaps that is what you are seeing as well.
John
Yes that makes more sense now as to what I was actually seeing on the display. For a car that is designed so well it seems almost ridiculous to make it work this way! Thanks for the reply.
John.

else
I have a 2003TL and I've noticed my temp. reading is way off too. Is there a way to reset it?