'06 TL Sedan tires

Test drove a bunch of cars over the weekend as we are handing down the wife's trusty Forrester to my Daughter. The best of the bunch so far were the Acura TL and the Accord sedan. Loved both, BTW.
About the only negative I could find anywhere about the TL was a reviewer complaining about the dealer supplied Turanza's performance in the snow. We live in Eastern PA and usually get several snowstorms a year. Anyone have any experience with these tires in the snow?
The wife and I are both excellent winter drivers but have had issues in the past with sport tires having big issues as soon as a few flakes hit the ground.
TIA, Jon
Zeppo <zeppo_m wrote:

I don't think the TL comes with Turanza's (EL-42) any longer, but in any case, pretty much any performance tire is going to be marginal at best in the snow, even those listed as "M/S". The fact that the tires on the TL are fairly wide (235/45/17) doesn't help. The TL does OK in a few inches of snow thanks to the VSA but it's certainly not great. I went through 6" last year with my EL-42s but only because I had to and the VSA was kicking in constantly. If you're going to do a lot of winter driving, you're better off picking up a set of cheap rims and mounting decent snow tires on it....or borrowing the Forrester!
Thanks for the reply, Dan.
The Turanza I drove did have EL-42s. I found a reference to tirerack.com yesterday in another newsgroup and looked at the reviews for the EL-42s. They were incredibly bad. 100% of TL owners who had the tires loathed them, called them dangerous and poorly matched for the car. I didn't have time to do a ton of research but the only tire I could find in the stock size that got mostly positive reviews were the Turanza LS-Z.
We've basically decided that we won't buy the car with EL-42 tires on it. Not sure if the dealer will be willing to change them out but will see.
Jon

were
reviewer
We
have
the
I'm very happy with the Michelin's on my 05' TL M6. I ran them a few months in the winter last year with I got the new TL.
I did get Bridgestone Blizzak's this year for the winter here in New England. It really made a difference in the snow. I'd recommend the LM-25's. V-rated performance winter tires. My dealer matched the TireRack prices.
Carl
"Zeppo @hotmail.com>" <zeppo_m<nospam> wrote in message

We
the
Request the dealer to switch the factory tire with new Michillin tire. These dealer supplied tire are junks. None of my new car tire lasted more than 20k miles. "Zeppo @hotmail.com>" <zeppo_m<nospam> wrote in message

We
the
My girlfriend has an 05 TL. She had them switch out the Turanzas within a week after taking the car home. Horrible traction and severe flatspotting in cold weather. They obliged with little trouble. She went with Michelin Pilot Sports and couldnt be happier.

I agree with all said here, these tires are pure garbage. I have a 2004 TL with 20k on it and the tires. I never feel comfortable grip to the road in rain or snow and never had that feeling with any car and tire like these. I haven't decided whether I will be doing my customary two year trade or keeping TL another year. If I keep it I will dfeinately put new tires on now at 20k and that in my opinion is a dam shame. If I were to get another TL the dealer would have to swap out the tires or no deal. HORRIBLE tire, actually that is why I checked in on the board to see the latest on replacement tire preferences for 04 TL
George in NY