'06 TSX and Ethanol

This weekend when I went to fill up the TSX at Costco, they had a new sign on the pump saying their fuel contained 10% Ethanol.
I'll check the owner's manual this weekend, but has anyone had any
experience with 10% Ethanol in their Acura's?
I hope I don't have to change when I buy my gas.
Bob

No worries.
Your engine is designed to use 91-octane gasoline that is allowed to contain up to 10% ethanol.
You shouldn't be using 87-octane except when 91 is unavailable.
This is all in your Owner's Manual. You've read that document, no?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
says...

Tegger,
Thanks for the info. As I said above, I would have to check my owner's manual this weekend. Since I already had a tank full of it, I wanted to see if anyone had experience with it.
And yes, I read the owner's manual from cover to cover when I got the car over three years ago. Back then, there were no placards indicating ethanol was added to the fuel any where I was buying fuel, so I don't remember what it said.
Now if I could just remember how to get the radio into clock-setting mode every time we go on/off DST without looking it up in the manual, I'd be happy:-)
Bob

You did say that, and I missed it. Sorry about that.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
says...

No problem.
Bob

I would prefer not to have ethanol, but I was under the impression it was everywhere at least since MTBE became unpopular. I didn't think you had a choice.
I'm in NY; where are you?
In article <fbdaad43-2f77-4f16-b1a1-7b96b69ad9d1

Texas. I don't know whether Costco's supplier has been putting ethanol in their gas for years and Costco just didn't tell us, or their supplier started using it and they posted it, or Costco changed suppliers and the new supplier does and they posted it, or ????
10% doesn't sound like it should hurt my fuel economy much. It's hard to tell since it's finally starting to cool off a bit here and I don't have to use my A/C when I drive to work at 06:30 everyday. Driving with the A/C on usually costs me 2 - 3 MPG on my mostly highway driving.
Bob

I think that federal regulations effectively require ethanol now that MTBE is not being used. So I don't think you're going to find gas without ethanol by shopping around.
Since I remember the fuss about MTBE getting into groundwater from several years ago, I would think pretty much everybody has been using 10% ethanol for a while. But maybe Texas is just getting around to it.