'06 TSX and Ethanol

This weekend when I went to fill up the TSX at Costco, they had a new sign on the pump saying their fuel contained 10% Ethanol.

I'll check the owner's manual this weekend, but has anyone had any experience with 10% Ethanol in their Acura's?

I hope I don't have to change when I buy my gas.

Bob

Reply to
bob

bob wrote in news:MPG.254041ddca79b7999896c8 @news.eternal-september.org:

No worries.

Your engine is designed to use 91-octane gasoline that is allowed to contain up to 10% ethanol.

You shouldn't be using 87-octane except when 91 is unavailable.

This is all in your Owner's Manual. You've read that document, no?

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger,

Thanks for the info. As I said above, I would have to check my owner's manual this weekend. Since I already had a tank full of it, I wanted to see if anyone had experience with it.

And yes, I read the owner's manual from cover to cover when I got the car over three years ago. Back then, there were no placards indicating ethanol was added to the fuel any where I was buying fuel, so I don't remember what it said.

Now if I could just remember how to get the radio into clock-setting mode every time we go on/off DST without looking it up in the manual, I'd be happy:-)

Bob

Reply to
bob

bob wrote in news:MPG.254177acbf3d74ef9896c9 @news.eternal-september.org:

You did say that, and I missed it. Sorry about that.

Reply to
Tegger

No problem.

Bob

Reply to
bob

I would prefer not to have ethanol, but I was under the impression it was everywhere at least since MTBE became unpopular. I didn't think you had a choice.

I'm in NY; where are you?

Reply to
Piet de Arcilla

Texas. I don't know whether Costco's supplier has been putting ethanol=20 in their gas for years and Costco just didn't tell us, or their supplier=20 started using it and they posted it, or Costco changed suppliers and the=20 new supplier does and they posted it, or ????

10% doesn't sound like it should hurt my fuel economy much. It's hard to=20 tell since it's finally starting to cool off a bit here and I don't have=20 to use my A/C when I drive to work at 06:30 everyday. Driving with the=20 A/C on usually costs me 2 - 3 MPG on my mostly highway driving.

Bob

Reply to
bob

I think that federal regulations effectively require ethanol now that MTBE is not being used. So I don't think you're going to find gas without ethanol by shopping around.

Since I remember the fuss about MTBE getting into groundwater from several years ago, I would think pretty much everybody has been using

10% ethanol for a while. But maybe Texas is just getting around to it.
Reply to
Piet de Arcilla