12v outlet problem

I have a 2002 Acura that I have had since new. I have tried several car chargers for my cell phone and they do not seem to fit into the 12v outlet.

The other day, I got a GPS with an adapter but again it will not fit. I called the dealership, but they said that all the outlets were the same size.

The outside of the outlet seems to be a standard size, but when I look in, there is a metal ring in the back that is preventing anything from going in.

It looks like it is welded there, but have not tried to remove it, other than with my finger.

Does anyone know what this piece can be and can it be removed. As far as I know, it was there since I got the vehicle.

Thanks in advance Just me

Reply to
JustMe

HONDA has a TSB about changing the socket for the exact reason you are describing. I think it's in the EBSCOHOST files if you follow this Tegger link:

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_