1989 Integra timing belt

The timing belt broke while driving (about 35 mph). It has never been replaced in 16 years and 102,000 miles. I cannot get the bolt off the bottom
pulley. It comes off counter-clockwise, right? I made a tool to hold the crank pulley and tried to take off the bolt. But it won't break loose. Any ideas? Can the valves hit the piston when the belt breaks?
thanks, Mike

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#crankbolt
Yes http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#interference
I could not remove the crankshaft nut no matter how hard I tried. I made a crank pulley fixture to hold the engine and then used an 18 in. braker bar with an extension and used my foot for leverage. Nothing worked. I decided to take it to an Acura repair shop and let them diagnose it for $50. They told me the number 3 cylinder was down 10 percent but believed they could repair it. They put a timing belt, water pump, tensioner pulley, cam seals, and crank seal in for $499. The car runs as good as ever. In fact, the trans shifts smoother than I can remember. It looks like I lucked out and didn't do any damage to the valves when the belt broke.

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good! A very cheap lesson this time.
Many of us could have laughed at using an 18 inch breaker bar unless you are a piano mover. Some have had success with a 3 foot bar, but that bolt is a devil.
$499 for that work (I'd have recommended all of it, too) is a decent price. The tensioner and water pump add more than $100 to the parts cost but return a lot more than that in peace of mind. Congratulations! Enjoy your next 6 years/90K miles (or whatever your owner's manual specifies.)
Mike

Amen