1990 Acura Legend wont start.

my car have problem starting. somedays it will start with no problem and can run all day, but now it on and off. I can start my car in the morning with eaze but by the time i stop and shut off my car and try
to start it up again, the will start but then die with in a second. trying to turn the key again, the car wont start. the car will crank but it will not turn over. the only way i can start it back up is to shift the gears and turn the key to make it start, but that only work sometime.
does anyone have any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

notorious "main relay" to me. Banging with your fist on the top of the dash on the driver's side when it won't start may get you started again... or at least it will vent some frustration!)
Mike

Just for grins,I Googled "honda starting problem",and "main relay" turned up on the first page of results.
"acura starting problem" didn't turn up mention of the MR in the first 5 pages I checked.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Your PGM-FI Main Relay has cracked solder. Yours is the classic symptom.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html#mainrelay
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
might want to check the ignitor; a covert problem with 1st gen legends.

On 28 Oct 2005 12:38:35 -0400, JamesNgo

Sounds like classic main relay. Mine did exactly the same thing. See Tegger's links.