1991 Acura Legend

For the last week my clutch on my 1911 Acura Legend was starting to go to the floor and not come back up - everyday it would be harder to retract back
up - it would stay stuck and I have to pull it up with my foot. Today, I can no longer switch gears because the clutch stays down on the floor board. Can someone please tell me what this is indicative off and the cost of getting something like this repaired. I was hoping that I could give the car to my son who is now just getting his permit, but I need to make sure it is not too major that he will have more problems with later.
Thank you for any comments or suggestions.
Add pictures here
âś–

Sometimes this is due to a clutch pedal return spring having broken. Take a look under the dash. They cost about $5.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–