1991 Integra Can't remove key

Can anyone help me?
Now that we have snow and it's getting cold, I am having trouble removing the key from the ignition I have wait 3 or 4 minutes before it will come
out.
I tried cleaning the ignition lock with ignition cleaner and added some WD-40, but doesn't help.
Anyone had this problem before???
Jay

threads. The upshot so far has been either a troublesome key (may help, may not) or an interlock associated with the gear selector. See the "Cold weather - Honda 1990 question" thread and "Curly Q. Links" post. Also, my own advice is to wash out the WD-40 with a shot of contact cleaner or non-chlorinated brake cleaner while it is still fresh. In my experience, WD-40 gums up locks within a couple of years (maybe a hot climate phenomenon?) and nothing but more WD-40 will free it again. Graphite is the lubricant for locks.
Mike
Mike!
Thanks for your suggestions, I got some contact cleaner and dry graphite key lub, but no luck so far :-( However I did fine the thread "Cold weather - Honda 1990 question" but could not fine Curly Q. Link on this subject. Could you please give me more details how to locate the link?
Thanks again!
Jay

<Eric is close. The linkage that shifts your automatic tranny into Park is out of adjustment a bit, and so it won't let the key lock solenoid get past it when the sucker's cold. You might even have an access hatch on the left side of your steering wheel cover, above the lever that sets the steering wheel angle. One screw. I won't try to tell you how to fix it, since it should be done by a pro. Anybody who has worked on Hondas can set it up for you. Should take ten minutes.
OTOH, you should make sure that the lube you sprayed into your ignition lock has some graphite, or at least Teflon. Lock-Ease is hard to find, but it's the BEST. Try locksmiths. Some sprays flush out all the lubrication. Don't use anything dino-based.
'Curly'>
Thanks Mike!
If I figure it out, how and what needs to be done to fix this problem I will post it.
Jay

AFAIK. Curly's advice sounds sound, though.
Mike
Hello Mike,
Sorry I won't be able to follow up regarding this problem after all. One thing I didn't mention to you was this was my sons car he just return from the hospital and I mention I was trying to figure out the problem for him. He told me he had looked into the problem earlier this year and yes indeed there was a problem some switch or linkage to the transmission. I ask for better explanation he didn't want to talk about it and he said he didn't need my help. Another thing he did say was it would cost $400.00 to be fixed and decided he would live with the problem.
One thing I noticed today was I had no problem removing the key with the temperature at 13 degree C. but when it gets around zero degree C you have to wait about 2 to 5mins. before the key can be removed.
Jay

I think your problem is the transmission selector switch. Here's some info on it. You have to take apart the center console to get at the switch, which is attached to the gear select lever mechanism.
--
The problem is with the shift position switch itself - the white box
on the right side of the shift lever. You'll notice that the contacts

If your gear selector indicator light isn't showing that you are in park then it is likely the same problem I had.
I fixed it with a zip tie to secure a loose switch. You have to remove the center console plastic cover around the AT gear selector. To do that you problem have to remove the plastic knee panels on both sides first. Then if I remember correctly I secured part # 9 in this picture.
http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/acura/jsp/mws/catimgs/13SK70_B35.gif
Whichever part it was it was white plastic and I could make the park light indicator go on and off by moving the switch until I secured it. I did this a few years ago and haven't had any problems since then.
Let me know if you need more details.
--Art