1994 Acura Integra

Hello,
I have a 1994 Acura Integra which runs great, until yesterday. Never had a major problem. I did the regular maintenance and my car made it
past 300K. Yesterday, I took it for the annual inspection in Virginia.
This morning, my car does not start. When I put my key in the ignition there is no click or any sound. The power doors usually can unlock other doors. I can't do that any more.
Could someone please tell me why my car refuses to start? I am thinking this is a fuse problem. If so, where is the fuse box located?
Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated. I don't want a major bill for getting my good car running again.
This is an SOS. Any help appreciated. Thank you in advance.
--
SR
snipped-for-privacy@SPAMBUSTER.yahoo.com

Thank you for replying. The battery cables are intact. The dashboard lights are coming on after about a minute after I turn on the key. After the 1st minute the electric doors do open. However, the engine is not starting. The headlights are not turning on either. I checked the fuse box and everything looks ok.
Does low battery power effect even the electric doors from opening?
Regards,
Subba Rao
MZ wrote:

--
SR
snipped-for-privacy@SPAMBUSTER.yahoo.com
Please remove SPAMBUSTER to reply via email.

The battery could be at the end of it's life,dry or sulfated (high internal resistance) and unable to supply enough current for any real loads. Or you could have a bad ignition switch.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

There are major fuses under the hood,near the battery,and secondary fuses under the dash on the driver's side.

Have you tried jump-starting it? How old is the battery? Does the radio come on when you turn the ignition to the accessory position?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Thank you for replying.
I will try to jump start the car tomorrow. Once I put the key in the ignition and turn it on, it takes about a minute for the dashboard ligths to slowly turn on. About a minute later, the electric doors start to work. The headlights, tail lights, turn signals do not work.
I don't know how old the battery is. I hope it is a battery problem only.
Thank you.
--
SR
snipped-for-privacy@SPAMBUSTER.yahoo.com
Please remove SPAMBUSTER to reply via email.

fuses
The battery is a likely suspect, as already mentioned. Also check the connections from the battery themselves and where they go to, especially the negative(-) connection to the frame.
Remco
Subba Rao wrote:

Thanks to everyone who replied.
The problem was with the battery as all of you have suggested. It was dead. I tried to get a jump but that did not help. I purchased a battery at the local WalMart and everything works fine now. The car has been good to me so far and I did not want to spend on buying a new/used car for now.
Thank you once again!