1996 2.5 TL transmission noise 1st. gear

"R" wrote in news:r8Mqg.6466$pu3.144934@ursa- nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

Describe the noise and when it happens. We are not psychics. Psychotic maybe, but not psychics.

Oh, did you hear about the short psychic who escaped from jail? The headline in the newspaper the next day read: Small medium at large". Ba-dum-bum.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Assuming it is a manual tranny, check the gear lube level - or better yet, change the lube with fresh Honda MTL. If it's still noisy give us the details as TeGGeR is asking. I recommend doing the lube service ASAP because the gear teeth can be scored if allowed to run dry, and in many gear boxes first gear is the most susceptible. Can't hurt, may save your gear.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee