1996 Acura TL brake rotor replacement

I need to replace the rotors on a 1996 Acura TL 2.5 . Anything special about these? I've done rotors on other cars. I was just wondering if these were
much different than the norm. TIA. -------------------- Alex

the fronts on my daughter's '93 Accord and was dismayed to find the axles have to come out. I hope you don't have the same hurdle - somebody should have the straight scoop soon.
Mike
snipped-for-privacy@cybertrails.com says...

Based on the picture of the rotors, I'm pretty sure the axles don't have to come out. They have a fairly large hole in the center that leads me to believe they just slip over the hub after the caliper is removed. ------------- Alex
says...

steering knuckle, so the hub had to come off, and that was easiest if the axle was removed first. If you have a picture of the assembly available (or if you pull the wheel off) it should be obvious one way or the other. I can't think of anything else I've heard of on Hondas/Acuras that would make it difficult.
Mike
snipped-for-privacy@cybertrails.com says...

ARGH!!!! You just described the setup the Acura TL. :( I wonder why they decided to make this such a difficult task when so many other manufacturers make it so easy? I can see no reason to do it this way. What should have been a 1/2 hour per wheel is now probably going to take me an hour or more. --------------- Alex
says...

Mazda does the same thing with some models. Still doesn't make it any better of a method. Dumb for sure.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ