1996 Acura TL brake rotor replacement

I need to replace the rotors on a 1996 Acura TL 2.5 . Anything special about these? I've done rotors on other cars. I was just wondering if these were much different than the norm. TIA.

-------------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

I think you were wise to ask. I don't know about the '96 TL, but I have done the fronts on my daughter's '93 Accord and was dismayed to find the axles have to come out. I hope you don't have the same hurdle - somebody should have the straight scoop soon.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Based on the picture of the rotors, I'm pretty sure the axles don't have to come out. They have a fairly large hole in the center that leads me to believe they just slip over the hub after the caliper is removed.

------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

The deal with the Accord was that the discs were on the hub behind the steering knuckle, so the hub had to come off, and that was easiest if the axle was removed first. If you have a picture of the assembly available (or if you pull the wheel off) it should be obvious one way or the other. I can't think of anything else I've heard of on Hondas/Acuras that would make it difficult.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

ARGH!!!! You just described the setup the Acura TL. :( I wonder why they decided to make this such a difficult task when so many other manufacturers make it so easy? I can see no reason to do it this way. What should have been a 1/2 hour per wheel is now probably going to take me an hour or more.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

Alex Rodriguez wrote in news:doeqtd$r1r$ snipped-for-privacy@newsmaster.cc.columbia.edu:

Mazda does the same thing with some models. Still doesn't make it any better of a method. Dumb for sure.

Reply to
TeGGeR®