1996 Integra GS-r

Yeah I bought a 96 integra LS...Well before I bought it, it use to be and Automatic and the owner converted to a Stickshift.Well it started out fine with the LS motor.But when I swamp the motor to a GSR it can?t start no more.Right when you turn the key ignition all you can hear is the fule-pump and thats it.It won?t crank,it won?t make anyother noise.And the only way to start it, is if you tap a wire stright from the battery to the starter. But thats risky thought.Because it will blow my starter away.I try doing everything to it but it just won?t slove the problems.I try witching the motor harness, I try jump starting it, I bought new Spark-plug and spark-plug wires.But it still don?t start.I just wont to know what is wrong with it?So maybe I can start it like a normale car... :(

Reply to
huazhinbilly

Whenever you change a Honda engine, you have to change the ECU! That's the only way your car will actually work the way you want it to... In your case, get / buy a GS-R ECU (Electronic Control Unit.)

My brother did that when my GS-R was changed to Type R specs. The car now runs better and according to the ECU, the car is now a Type R!

That might be why it won't start properly. The ECU thinks it is still a LS not a GS-R?

Reply to
BEZERK

"BEZERK" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@79g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

Type R has a slightly diferent air intake configuration than the GSR.It draws cooler air from inside the wheelwell,rather than from inside the engine compartment like the GSR.Of course,you may have bypassed all that with an aftermarket cold air intake or short ram.

I think the "no crank" condition is not ECU related,however. Either a wire got cut or the starter solenoid contacts are too worn.

check this out;

Jim Yanik

If it won't CRANK, changing spark plug wires parts won't solve anything. It's part of the interlock system that's missing.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Hmm...I runing a P28 chip out...I also have a P72 a GSR.But even though I switch them it still don?t start. i fixed all the engine check lights.But the car still won?t responed...

"BEZERK" wrote: > Whenever you change a Honda engine, you have to change the > ECU! > That's the only way your car will actually work the way you > want it > to... > In your case, get / buy a GS-R ECU (Electronic Control Unit.) > > My brother did that when my GS-R was changed to Type R specs. > The car > now runs better and according to the ECU, the car is now a > Type R! > > That might be why it won't start properly. The ECU thinks it > is still > a LS not a GS-R?

Reply to
huazhinbilly