1999 Integra Trunk Latch

Hey all,

I bought a 1999 Integra a few months ago. It's a really nice car and in great condition, but it has one problem that's getting pretty annoying: the trunk latch doesn't work.

To open the trunk, I have to both insert the key and turn it far to the right, and pull on the "hidden" handle at the same time. This is pretty annoying because it means if somebody needs something in or out of the trunk I have to turn off the car to open the trunk.

In the meantime I am just going to keep a spare key in the car, but this isn't very safe. Ideally I would get the latch fixed properly. Is this an expensive operation? Something I can do myself if I have the proper tools?

Better yet, is there any way to install a wireless trunk release?

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
Mark Haase

I had a similar problem when I got my Integra... It got worse though since it wouldn't open even if i used a key or the latch... As I suspected, it was the actuator that was pretty much shot... It cost about $300 to replace it at the dealership... You can actually do it yourself... I'm pretty sure it is documented in the service manuals... Good luck!

Mark Haase wrote:

Reply to
TeggyBoy