1999 TL Radio won't play CD's

My 1999 TL won't play home-made CD's. Plays store bought ones great. I've tried different burn speeds, burn programs, disc speeds (one post I read said use 16X or slower) and nothing works. I even did a "disc copy"
on a store bought one and that would not play. Sometimes it won't switch tracks. Now that I'm using 16X it switches tracks great, but no sound (or only intermittently). It is a Bose system with a single CD slot in the player/radio. Any ideas?" Thanks, John snipped-for-privacy@charter.net

Try premium CD's. Their recording surface is gold in color.
--
Tegger

Tegger, Thanks for the idea regarding gold discs. It did not work. I see another posting that may have possibilities. However, all computers I have are made for CD and DVD so I don't know where to go to get a CD only burner. John

Computers burn CD's using a burn track that is the narrow one designed for DVD's as well. Older CD players may or may not be able to read the narrow tracks. Some can and some can't.
You might also want to buy a read head cleaner disk for the CD player and run it according to the instructions to clean off the mirror and make sure no dirt of dust is inside. Remember....these tracks are amazingly small!
Good luck.
Tried to find a CD burner made only for CD's. Unable to find such. All are now CD and DVD. I had cleaned heads before I started all this, so I don't think that is the issue. I read where a "stamped" CD (which is how the commercial ones are made), had a different lead-in than ones you burn. Perhaps that is the difference and I see no way to fix it. But thanks for all the ideas.