2000 3.2TL, ran rough, check engine light, "fuel air metering" code

Yesterday our 2000 Acura 3.2 TL starting running a little rough and the check engine light came on and stayed on. Note this happened during a huge rainstorm that the car was parked at a small incline pointing
downhill before it ran rough.
Also besides running rough for a short while, the exhaust fumes smelled really weird. Almost like it had a bad catalytic convertor smell. (car has 120,000 miles on it and has ran great in the past like it was still brand new almost).
After this happened, the car ran fine after that, the weird smell went away, but the light stayed on (which I think is typical as they want you to bring it to the dealership for $$$)
I put a code reader on it and it read that it was a "fuel air metering" code. What does this typically mean?
The car seems to be runnining fine now. We reset/cleared the code to see if it will occur again but it all seems fine. Filled it up with super-unleaded from Chevron as I was suspect it might have been bad gas or a small amount of moisture in the gas, or a lower than normal octane gas.
So anyone seen this? Any help appreciated.
(remove the _nospam) from email address to mail me.
-Mike
mike_sutton snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

What was the actual CODE number?
'Curly'
same problem DTC code is P1259. I am also looking for a best guess.
"'Curly Q. Links'" wrote: > mike_sutton snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: > > > > Yesterday our 2000 Acura 3.2 TL starting running a little > rough and the > > check engine light came on and stayed on. Note this > happened during > > a huge rainstorm that the car was parked at a small incline > pointing > > downhill before it ran rough. > > > > Also besides running rough for a short while, the exhaust > fumes smelled > > really weird. Almost like it had a bad catalytic convertor > smell. > > (car has 120,000 miles on it and has ran great in the past > like it was > > still brand new almost). > > > > After this happened, the car ran fine after that, the weird > smell went > > away, but the light stayed on (which I think is typical as > they want > > you to bring it to the dealership for $$$) > > > > I put a code reader on it and it read that it was a "fuel > air metering" > > code. What does this typically mean? > > > > The car seems to be runnining fine now. We reset/cleared > the code to > > see if it will occur again but it all seems fine. Filled > it up with > > super-unleaded from Chevron as I was suspect it might have > been bad gas > > or a small amount of moisture in the gas, or a lower than > normal octane > > gas. > > > > So anyone seen this? Any help appreciated. > > > > (remove the _nospam) from email address to mail me. > > > > -Mike > > ----------------------------------------- > > What was the actual CODE number? > > 'Curly'
--
Posted at author's request, using fully moderated
http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Acura-forum-1.html interface