2000 Acura 3.2 TL tire recommendations and brake distance question

My original Michelin MXV4 Plus have worn out, oly after 53000 miles.
Can someone recommend replacements? I am not a very aggressive driver, and don't even need the V rated speeds.
I heard some remarks from the tire sales people, that I want to validate.
1. One of them said that I should buy the V rated tires instead of H rated ones, (which I prefer) as my suspension is "designed for V rated tires". Any truth in that? I don't need to have tires rated for 149 MPH, as I won't go anywhere near that.
2. One of them said that my braking distance would be a little more in H rated tires versus the V rated ones. true or not? Sholdn't braking distance be a function of brakes, the wheel and the speed? If the tire is exactly the same size?
Thanks for the help.
regards
On 16 Jan 2006 13:28:35 -0800, emptor snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Yes, get the V rated tires. There is a much greater safety factor. I have taken trips @ 85MPH and feel quite comfortable & safe.
Don't know about the braking.
These tires wear so well, why go with something else?

Why would that make any difference if he goes with H rated tires? 130 mph (H) vs. 149 MPH (V) both should provide sufficient margin if only driving at 85. My old Infiniti i30s (I had two of them) came with H rated tires and I have driven them cross country with the cruise set on 85 several times with no problems.

As long as they don't bubble in the sidewalls. Then you will find out the hard way that Michelin does not stand behind their tires. I replaced the OEM Michelins with the same thing on my 2000 TL at about that same mileage. One of them developed a bubble within 1,000 miles. No coverage. Had to eat the cost of a 5th tire. It will be a cold day in hell before Michelin ever gets another dime from me.
E Meyer wrote:

I never really cared much the MXV4 Michelins on my 2000 3.2TL. I never had to make a warranty claim on mine, but I didn't care for the squealing when turning corners. I am on my third set of tires now, and they are Toyo Proxes TPT. These are a little road noisier, but they don't squeal when turning corners. With the unidirectional tread they have better traction too. IMO they are every bit as good as the original Michelins...and at $87ea...I can't complain...
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:57:19 -0500, Stan said:

The MXV4 is a touring tire. Why they put a touring tire on a sports sedan is beyond me. And Michelin's to boot!
--
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds
that I don't know the answer."
Venture Rider wrote:

So what in your opinion would be the "ideal" tire for the 2000 TL?
-Stan
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:01:44 -0500, Stan said:

I run Goodyear GW3 in the winter, and Goodyear Tripletred the rest of the time. I am extremely pleased with both.