2000 Acura TL

Anybody has a thought on this car as used car. It has 115K on it. Kinda low and how do you check if the mileage is true. I'm planning to take it to a dealer to
have it checked. What checks should I ask the dealer to check. Dealer asking for Canadian $11,500. Is this fair deal?
Thanks!! Frank
It's relatively easy to verify if the number of kilometers is correct if the car was dealer maintained. You can also verify invoices for the last few years. My 2001 only has 91,000 kilometers and I could easily prove that it is correct.

papaya47 wrote:

and how do you check if the mileage is true. I'm planning to take it to a dealer to have it checked. What checks should I ask the dealer to check. Dealer asking for Canadian $11,500. Is this fair deal?

How do you get low mileage when a car is 7 years old with 115K miles? Over 7 years that's 16+K per year. Over 8 years is 14+K per year. Industry standard is 12 to 15K per year.
Or are you talking about kilometers instead?
Tom S. Houston, TX
papaya47 wrote:

and how do you check if the mileage is true. I'm planning to take it to a dealer to have it checked. What checks should I ask the dealer to check. Dealer asking for Canadian $11,500. Is this fair deal?

Oops...didn't see the bottom part of the post. 115000 km is pretty low.
Sorry.
Tom S. Houston, TX
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:57:29 -0500, Tom Simchak

and how do you check if the mileage is true. I'm planning to take it to a dealer to have it checked. What checks should I ask the dealer to check. Dealer asking for Canadian $11,500. Is this fair deal?

Guess my 2000 TL is REALLY low, with 42000 miles (67592 km).
DC
papaya47 wrote:

and how do you check if the mileage is true. I'm planning to take it to a dealer to have it checked. What checks should I ask the dealer to check. Dealer asking for Canadian $11,500. Is this fair deal?

I would find out if this is in the range of Honda/Acura models with a habit of needing new automatic transmissions. Could be an expensive repair if it happens on your dime.