2001 3.2 TL: Brake Components Torque Specs

Hello All,

I don't have a repair manual. Does anyone know of a website that lists torque specs for:

--Rear Caliper Bracket to hub bolts

--Rear Caliper to caliper bracket bolts

--Lug nuts

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan

PS. I remember that you should re-pack/grease bearings on front wheels when you do front brakes. Are the rear bearings on this car serviceable (do they need to be re-packed/greased)? How about the front bearings? I glanced through a repair manual for a Honda Accord (2000 & earlier--couldn't find a manual for my car or for Accord same year as mine) in the auto parts store. It said that bearings are not serviceable. Is this the same for the 2001 TL

Thanks again.

Reply to
Conan Kelly

----------------------

I think all wheel bearings have been sealed units for a few years. It's the SLIDER PINS on the caliper brackets that need to be repacked.

Search at

Lots of great help with brakes.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

"Conan Kelly" wrote in news:d342j.146328$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

30 ft lbs should be sufficient.

20 ft lbs is about right.

80 ft lbs.

The bolts/nuts you list above have giant safety factors built in, so actual torque is not very important.

What's more important than actual torque for the wheels is consistency from lug to lug.

Not on a FWD car. You're referring to the procedure for RWD cars with tapered front wheel bearings.

Nope. Replace when noisy, otherwise leave alone,

Nope. Replace when noisy, otherwise leave alone.

Yes.

Your brakes should be identical to the 2000 Accord. The TL is Accord-based.

Reply to
Tegger

motsco_,

Thanks for info.