2001 3.2 TL SQUEAKING PROBLEM!

Whenever i start my car in the morning or after a few hours It will squeak badly..Sometimes louder/worse then others..It wont squeak If id been driving the car a bit and i turn it off for maybe an hour to 2
hours at the most but after then it will squeak..Suposivly there are new belts on the car and they have been tightened Also I think it has automatic tension for the belt. It is a nice car and it runs well but the only thing that seems to be wrong is the squeak! Please help!
Same thing here. Acura RL 97.
It only does it when A/C is on. And it only does it while the car is cold. And it only does it when it's rather cold outside (did not do it in summer). After a couple of minutes of driving, when the engine is warm - no sound whatsoever. A/C works fine, blowing nice cold air.
And I've heard this sound before - it ended up with a frozen A/C compressor last year, after tightening up the belt (suggested by mechanic).
Could anybody offer any logocal explanation for this?
Thank you.
Vladimir

If the A/C is overcharged, in cold conditions the refrigerant will overfill the evaporator and liquid will find its way into the compressor. Liquid doesn't compress, so either the clutch slips or the belt slips as the glug makes its way through. Liquid refrigerant is very destructive to compressors.
If there is water in the system, the expansion valve (or orifice in cheaper systems) will freeze up and also cause excessive load on the compressor.
An A/C service by a qualified shop could be a good investment.
Mike
Thanks a lot!!
"dbo" wrote: > Whenever i start my car in the morning or after a few hours It > will squeak badly..Sometimes louder/worse then others..It wont > squeak If id been driving the car a bit and i turn it off for > maybe an hour to 2 hours at the most but after then it will > squeak..Suposivly there are new belts on the car and they have > been tightened Also I think it has automatic tension for the > belt. It is a nice car and it runs well but the only thing > that seems to be wrong is the squeak! Please help!
It does get worse when I turn on my air as well!