2001 3.2CL cabin air filter

Just purchased this vehicle, owner's manual doesn't tell where the filter is or how to change it, other than "see your Acura dealer". Anyone know how to change the filter? TIA

JnB

Reply to
JnB

Its behind the glove box. Take off the box (one screw on the little shock absorber on the right side, one screw at each of the bottom hinges, the stoppers on the sides slide forward then pop out.

If its never been changed before, you have to clip the plastic tabs around the plate covering the access hole. Save it. It goes back in the obvious slots and secures in place with the screw that is already there.

You need two identical filter elements. Most of the parts stores carry them now.

Reply to
E Meyer

I just changed mine and started out trying to use the instructions sent with the micronair filters. They pretty well tell you to dismantle the front of the car to get to those stupid filters! Then I saw some printing on the plate you talk about ("required for service, do not discard"). Hmmmm, I thought ... "discard" how could this piece be discarded its attached to the car? So I realized that I could cut this plate out with some side cutters and get at the filters real easy and then it could be re-attached by just turning it 90 degrees and screwing it in place with the fittings provided ... pretty neat.

I was so happy at finding the solution I took back all the nasty things I was thinking about Honda engineering (well most of them). It still requires removal of the glove box door.

----- Original Message ----- From: "E Meyer" Newsgroups: alt.autos.acura Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:14 PM Subject: Re: 2001 3.2CL cabin air filter

Reply to
Ron Jones